While medical professionals might urge you to eat a salad, the new breakfast menu is just what the economist ordered. These horrible, Lovecraftian agglomerations of fat, cheese, and syrup might stop your heart dead in its tracks, they could give the economy a decent jolt.
When Taco Bell introduced the Doritos Locos taco in 2012, they did more than make eating tacos a lot messier and a little more guiltily disgusting — the resulting demand created 15,000 jobs.
The “biggest launch in Taco Bell history” resulted in the chain moving some 375 million individual Doritos Locos tacos and directly resulted in renewed plans to open over 2,000 new American stores. The alliance with Frito-Lay has paid off in dividends.
When the scallop’s shell is gaped you can see two rows of tiny, bright blue eyes. These eyes aren’t the simple light sensitive eyes that most mollusks have, they can also sense motion. So a crab or fish trying to sneak up on one and grab some flesh before the shells close will be seen before it gets even close. And if the scallop loses an eye it simply regenerates a new one in its place.
spaceadmiraldee: Ten More Ancient Sites I Want to Visit:
1. Giza Necropolis in Egypt - Ancient Egypt
2. Roman Forum in Italy - Roman Empire
3. Bayon in Cambodia - Khmer Empire
4. Monte Alban in Mexico - Zapotec
5. Stonehenge in England - Neolithic
6. Leptis Magna in Libya - Roman Empire
7. Ollantaytambo in Peru - Incan
8. Delphi in Greece - Ancient Greek
9. Borobudur in Indonesia - Sailendra Dynasty
10. Tikal in Guatemala - Mayan